Our mission is to ensure that Franklin County and the North Quabbin Region work together to help reduce opioid and heroin addiction, prevent overdose deaths, and improve the quality of life in our community.
In September 2013, community leaders from across the region came together to form this Task Force in response to the growing problem of heroin and other opioids in our area. We started as a coalition of just a few people and have now grown to over 300 members. Together, we are doctors, judges, police officers, prevention experts, educators, and many others.
As a community, we can tackle the very serious problem of heroin and prescription drug abuse in our region. Our goals are to:
- Prevent heroin and prescription drug misuse and addiction.
- Prevent overdose from prescription drugs and heroin.
- Help more people get treatment and recover from heroin and prescription drug addiction.
- Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
- Northwestern District Attorney’s Office
- Franklin County Courts (Greenfield and Orange)
- Franklin Regional Council of Governments
- Greenfield Community College
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center
- The RECOVER Project
- Tapestry Health
- Partnership for Youth
- Safe Streets Safe Schools Coalition
- Gill Montague Community School Partnership
- North Quabbin Community Coalition
- Franklin County Court Service Center
- Clinical and Support Options
- Center for Human Development
- Community Health Center of Franklin County
- Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery
- Heywood Healthcare
- UMass Amherst College of Nursing
- UMass Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences
Task Force Committees
- Healthcare Solutions
- Treatment and Recovery
- Law Enforcement and Justice
- Education and Awareness
- Housing and Workforce Development